AT BATTERSEA ARTS CENTRE
Alongside its incredible municipal history, Battersea Arts Centre has an impressive list of music credits. It has played host to performances by The XX, Fleetwood Mac, The Jam and, in more recent years, provided the backdrop to Regard & Years and Years’ music video Hallucination.
Since its reopening in 2018, the Grand Hall has featured in the BBC Proms, staged concerts for Nicola Benedetti, hosted the Philharmonia and provided the backdrop for Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds‘ film This Much I Know to Be True. It also acts as a regular rehearsal space for orchestras and large ensembles.
Our stunning building, with 125 years of history, has an advanced technical capacity with:
- Improved AV infrastructure
- Video and sound tie lines in more areas
- Optimised rigging positions for projection and lighting
- 18 acoustic banners
- Automated black-out blinds
- 3 phase power
The Grand Hall is also the proud owner of the largest surviving example in the UK of Robert Hope-Jones’s innovative organ design, with a moveable console allowing the player to be positioned anywhere in (or out of) the space.
LIVE MUSIC AT BAC
The Grand Hall is available for live music hire, with a capacity for 1000 standing, a stunning bar with mosaic floor and stained glass-domed ceiling, just a 7 minute walk from Clapham Junction station.
This space can be staged appropriately for any genre with flexible staging options.
Hiring the space gives access to:
- Two dressing rooms
- In-house experienced lighting and sound technicians
- Promotion on the BAC website and socials
- Event and Production Manager who will work with you up until your performance
- A number of parking spaces alongside the venue, subject to availability
Nothing beats seeing a venue first-hand, so please get in touch with us today to arrange a viewing with a member of our events team.